Your first line of defence is to CHOOSE a healthy lifestyle.
This is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as these:
* Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
* Exercise regularly (try to move your body daily)
* Maintain a healthy weight
* If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation
* Get adequate sleep (6-8 Hours)
* Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently
* Try to minimise your stress
* Don't smoke
Harvard Health Publishing - Harvard Medical School